A baby’s sense of touch is already well developed at birth, and parents can use it to communicate with their babies from day one, even doing so unconsciously. The power of touch creates a strong bond and helps your baby with their immediate need to be cared for, loved and protected.
Baby massage classes provide an opportunity for parents to meet the early development needs of their babies through touch, movement, sight and sound, and enhance parent/baby communication. Specific benefits have been found to include:
- Relief from Colic and wind, teething and common colds
- Relaxation and stress relief in both parent and baby
- Enhancing and continuing the bonding process
As well as these benefits, they offer an excellent opportunity to meet other Mummies (and Daddies!), who you can talk about your experiences with and share your top tips for caring for your little ones – with refreshments provided!
Classes are kept to smaller sizes, to ensure their intimate nature, calm and relaxing surroundings and so that I can give enough attention to every budding massage therapist. Each week we will focus on different parts of the body, as well as a recap on previous techniques we have learnt.
The Flourish Baby Massage classes run in 5 week cycles, and are suitable for babies from 6 weeks, right up to “active crawlers” (where getting them to stay still can be a little difficult!!). Over the course of the 5 weeks you will learn a full body baby massage routine as well as receiving:
- PDF Step by step guide to baby massage strokes
- Bottle of baby massage oil
- Certificate upon completion of course
Courses are currently being run at:
- The Rushcliffe Golf Club, East leake
- The Little place of Learning, Shepshed
- Hocus Pocus Soft Play Centre, Beeston